Coated Ductwork for Commercial and Industrial Applications
Linx Industries brings ProCoat™ products to the market as an alternative to PVC, PDS, PCD, and other precoated steel products. ProCoat is a “baked on” powder coated ductwork system applied to the outer shell of the HVAC air duct system. The primer coat is a zinc-rich epoxy. The polyester top coat protects the base coat and adds a clean glossy finish.
The coating exhibits superior chemical resistance characteristics over precoated sheet metal alternatives.
The coating system used is manufactured by Tiger Drylac a zinc epoxy primer and a polyester/TGIC glossy top coat. A total finished film thickness of 4 mils (0.004 inches) on the outside of the ductwork is standard. ProCoat shall have a minimum surface hardness of 2H when tested per ASTM D3363-92A with average thick-ness of 4 mils outside.
- Single or double wall construction
- Gasketed or nongasketed connections
- Round and oval construction up to 60″ diameter
- Coating 4 mils
- Meets or exceeds 3,000 hour salt spray test per ASTM B117-97
- Consistent in color and quality
- Ductwork can be fabricated using standard welding methods
- Superior chemical resistance characteristics over precoated sheet metal alternatives
- Custom colors can be successfully matched using the RAL color matching system